Sunday, November 26, 2006

I got the fever for the nectar, the payback will be later, still I need a fix.

I went out last night to Canterbury, and have to say I had quite a good time. I didn't go out on Friday as I was at work 'til 10:30pm and so I really wanted to go out on Saturday to let off some steam before the weekend was over, and as no one was doing anything in Ramsgate, I headed over to Jonny's who was going out with some work friends.

Normally when I go out in Canterbury I get very drunk by consuming copious amounts of Stella Artois and vodka Redbulls, I don't know why, but it does seem to happen, and so I decided that I'd stay away from any of that crap. 4 pints of Guinness, 1 pint of Masterbrew, and then 2 pints of Fosters did it for me, and I wasn't feeling dodgy at all this morning, apart from having what I have termed 'Sofa Legs' as I had spent the night on Jonny's sofa, which resulted in my legs either hanging over the edge of the arm, or being curled up, which obviously isn't the most comfortable.

We went to a few of the normal pubs, and also went to a new bar called 'The Cuban', which had recently opened on Canterbury Highstreet. I think I enjoyed it because it was midnight when we got there, and there was no fuss about getting in, no entry fee, no nothing, it wasn't being pretentious, just being a cool lace to go. You may have guessed by the name that this is a bar with Cuban influences and they actually had a live duo playing some cuban tunes, but they also sported some lovely decor, and a brilliant cocktail list. I didn't have any of the cocktails (£5.95 each!) but they were all properly made, in all the correct glasses, with all the trimmings and looked fabulous. I can also remember that they had the best decorated toilets I've ever seen!

I will definitely go there again.

Work tomorrow.... boooooo!

And how come we (England) are shit at all sports again!!

No comments: