Wednesday, August 30, 2006
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
I could tell you of the banal things I've been up to but I won't bore you.
I'm still around though. Plans for the rest of the evening?? Gonna watch Lost... enjoy.
Saturday, August 26, 2006
Tesco are offering a 2 week, no ties, free trial so why not find out what I thought about it by clicking here.
This is no way a cynical ploy to get more visitors to my other blog!! heh heh heh.
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Here's what I want:
It's the Fujifilm FinePix S5200 and can be yours for around £160, which isn't that bad really for something with 10x optical zoom and 5 megapixels.
I'd also like another camera that I can take out with me and fit in my pocket for when I'm out and about. These are a lot cheaper that the SLR style cameras.
I think I will treat myself sometime before Christmas.
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
Monday, August 21, 2006
Sunday, August 13, 2006
This may not have been an actual marathon, but it was still a lot of work. Our aim was to watch the complete series of the cult sci-fi comedy Red Dwarf, which is a whole 8 series worth, 52 episodes, each of 30 minutes, all in one go, and hence the unearthly hour. We started drinking lager at 4am.
I had a great time, but sadly we didn't actually complete our mission, partly due to the last 2 series being made of 8 episodes as opposed to the previous 6 series which were made up of 6 episodes each. We got all the way to 4am on Sunday, with the last episode we watched being Series 8, Episode 2. That's 6 episodes shy, which would've taken another 3 hours.
We made it through 24 hours of Red Dwarf which I think is an achievement. I also had to get up at 9am this morning because I had to play football, which meant that I didn't get to catch up on any sleep.
It was fun, although trying to watch 1560 minutes of TV in one sitting was quite an effort. It was nice to get the boys together and next time we will try and pick a shorter TV series to watch, with Blackadder being an option. We kept a blog of the event, although as the the time went on, people got a bit more drunk, and the posts reflect this.
Friday, August 11, 2006
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
Monday, August 07, 2006
One little boy, we'll call him Adem for the sake of the story, had grown lazy and this was his sin, for he did not write his review, and this made the Grandmaster Swiss very angry! Adem had intended to write the review, for he had normally been a good little boy, he had listened to the CD many times, and liked many of the songs, but when he tried to write, there was a blankness in his head, his digits went numb, and it seemed that he would never be able to write another thing again. The days past, the weeks past, and the moon got older, and yet no review would come.
He went looking for answers, and yet only got more questions, and so he went to Uncle Burt who told him "sometimes you have to lose yourself before you can find anything." And so Adem got lost, down and down he went, further and further he went, until he could not see the blogosphere anymore.
1. Angie Baby / Helen Reddy
2. Big Shot / Billy Joel
3. Crazy Little Thing Called Love / Queen
4. Stand And Deliver / Adam & The Ants
5. Bad Reputation / Joan Jett
6. Let's Go Crazy / Prince
7. Closer To Fine / Indigo Girls
8. I'll Take Your Man (Quicksilver Re-Edit) / Salt-N-Pepa
9. Send Me On My Way / Rusted Root
10. La Grippe / Squirrel Nut Zippers
11. By Myself / Linkin Park
12. Spun / Flipsyde
13. Joker & The Thief / Wolfmother
14. Tear You Apart / She Wants Revenge
1. I'd never heard of Helen Reddy, but apparently she has sold more than 15 million albums and 10 million singles! She has a good voice, and the song is pretty mellow, but it's not really my cup of tea.sorry. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helen_Reddy
2. I like Billy Joel, and yet I'd never heard of this song, probably because I've been too busy singing along to Uptown Girl. Another reason is that I am an 80s child and this song peaked in 1979. I like it and it's given me another view on Bill [that's what I call him]. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Joel
3. Everybody loves Queen, and can probably sing along to most of the songs. You can't go wrong with 'em. Maybe not one of my favourites but still a goody. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen_band
4. Winner!!! I love this. Viva la dandy!
5. Joan Jett? You gotta love the illiteration. This is something different for me but it is raw, and somehow is both 80s and punk. I think she could beat me in a fight. Good though. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joan_Jett
6. This is tres 80s and I love it. I think Spins is onto a winner with the 80s tunes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_musician
7. Accoustic guitar!! Bonus! Good voices on the Indigo Girls, and good lyrics too, and a good song. Good stuff. I'll have to listen to a few more of their tracks. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigo_Girls
8. Salt-N-Pepa always seem to be something of a joke to me, but I guess that goes for the vast majority of 80s rappers with their 'immacualte' dress sense! Yet again another song I hadn't heard of, which is probably because I spent too much time talking about sex [pun]. A bit boring and monotonous. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salt-n-Pepa
9. I like this. Something David Byrne about it. Very good. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rusted_Root
10. Strange... but good...I'm not too sure if it will become a favourite but I could imagine being drunk and singing along to it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Squirrel_Nut_Zippers
11. I love Linkin Park, especially the way the vocals can at one time be screaming and the next providing a soulful melody. Sometimes we all need to get a little angry. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linkin_park
12. These are a weird one to pin down with hip-rock/pop/latino vibes. It's a little too pop for me but not too bad though. Maybe I'm being a little harsh on them.
Is that the end???
No. It seems Spin has been taking liberties and included 2 bonus tracks on her CD!!! I'll let her off though because I've taken ages t odo this review.
13. Wolfmother!! I've heard quite a bit of hype about them, and they are going back to the rocky metal era. I like this but hope they are not too cliched. Good band name though... It literally reeks of Spinal Tap. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfmother
14. Another new band to me.. is it me or are they a bit Human League sounding?? Not really for me, but they could have potential. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/She_Wants_Revenge
So that's the 'review' done. I know it's a bit flimsy, but I know that Spin will be putting her own interpretations of the the songs on her blog so I'd recommend popping over there for something a little more in depth.
p.s. I'll be discussing the future of The Big Blog in my next post....don't hold your breath!