Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Tumble outta bed and stumble to the kitchen, Pour myself a cup of ambition

Some of you may know that for the past 2 years I've had 2 part-time jobs, one at Uni and one at the pub, well this week I started working full-time at my Uni job. This is very good for me as it means I am earning more money, strangely have more time now as before I was doing split-shifts which basically meant the whole day was wasted, and I also feel more professional.

When people used to ask me what I did for a living, and I had to explain that I had 2 jobs, I would often feel inferior to those with full-time jobs and careers, and often friends would ask me when I was going to get a 'proper' job. Well I never felt like they weren't proper jobs, and hell, I had TWO jobs, when I know some people that don't have any jobs, but at least now I am doing something full-time that I enjoy.

Anyway.... as a treat I popped into Tesco on the way home from work and saw that they were doing 3 DVDs for £15. Usually there's a pretty poor selection and they're trying to get rid of stock they ordered too much of, but there was actually quite a few good movies, and in the end I plumped for Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, House of Flying Daggers, and Kung Foo Hustle. I've watched Kiss Kiss Bang Bang already and was suitably impressed. I'd heard good reviews of this when it originally came out and I've got to give credit to Val Kilmer for his performance. Good One.


I do feel a bit sorry for this blog but I'm sticking in there and as you can see, I still haven't jacked it all in. Hoorah!

5 comments:

Cody Bones said...

I gotta say that I give Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, a huge thumbs up.

Stef said...

I don't know why but I never caught KKBB, I think I'll have to pick it up myself soon.

I like HotFD but then again I'm a sucker for a movie with swords in it.

Good news about the job mate, I'm chuffed for you.

Anonymous said...

Get a proper job

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a job at Uni. That'll show the nagheads. Ambition can taste good, can't it? Make sure you sweeten it up, though. Wouldn't want to see turn into a career zealot. Congrats!

adem said...

Cody - Cheers for the comment. A good film indeed, and also a bit of a change.

Stef - Definitely watch it. I gonna have to pencil in HotFD sometime when I can be bothered to read the subtitles...either that or when I learn Mandarin!

Jonny - just what I would expect of you. We can't all be photocopy boys like you are.

Napfisk - I could never be a career zealot... If I'm happy in a job then I'll stick to it.