Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Please allow me to introduce myself

Big news for the Isle of Wight Festival, which I'll be going to in June. After weeks and weeks of speculation the Rolling Stones have finally been confirmed as the Sunday Night Headliners! It's a real coup for the festival and I am really excited that I'll get to see the Stones who, you have to admit, are one of the biggest bands in the world (and the oldest!). It really spices up the event as quite a lot of the bands are a bit MOR, and although good, the Stones should hopefully play some real classics.

Also added to the line-up are Groove Armada, for the Friday night, which will add a dance element to the evening. I like Groove Armada (a poorman's Bassment Jaxx?) and will be hoping that another big 'dance' act gets added to the bill. I'd actually like to see Mylo...we'll see.....

3 comments:

Cheezy said...

"I like Groove Armada (a poorman's Bassment Jaxx?)"

Nooooooo! Well, not in my opinion anyway. They're both wicked, I think. The Jaxx give more a traditional ('all-singing-all-dancing-costume-change') 'performance', but I've seen Groove Armada three times now and they never let you down either.

Stef said...

Totally, GA are wicked live as are The Jaxx but in different ways.

Good call with The Stones though, they did some of the best rock tunes of the mid-late 20th century. Who doesn't want to see Gimme Shelter, Sympathy for the Devil and Street Fighting Man live?

adem said...

It seems that I didn't give GA enough credit, and I'm sure they'll be wicked.