Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Thankyou for the music

I used to blog quite a bit about music in the past but I seem to have shifted away from that sphere and focused on other subjects a bit more and neglected my music. Part of this has been that quite a bit of the music I've been listening to has been in the charts and had a lot of radio play so I really didn't feel the need to tell you all about it.

Well that's about to change as I've just visited Lord B's Bargain Basement where he's posted his top 20 singles of 2005, and I feel the need to tell you of some of my favourite singles of last year. I've not put them in any dissernable order and I've probably missed of a few that got lost at the beginning of the year but anyway, here you go....I did try and find pictures for the records but couldn't...and I could write a bit about them, but I think it's better if I just put links to streaming media so you can listen and watch these classsic cuts from 2005.

Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict A Riot [Video]

james Blunt - You're Beautiful [Video]

Maximo Park - Apply Some Pressure [Video]

Kanye West featuring Jamie Foxx - Gold Digger [Video]

Gorillaz - Dare [Video]

Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor [Video]

Hard Fi - Living For The Weekend [Video]

Tom Novy ft Michael Marshall - Your Body [Video]

Black Eyed Peas - My Humps [Video]

Hot Hot Heat - Middle of Nowhere [Video]

Mylo vs Miami Sound Machine - Dr Pressure [Video]

Snoop Dogg featuring Justin Timberlake & Charlie Wilson - Signs [Video]


I definitely know that I've missed some off but hey...that's life....that's what all the people say *wincing at pun* sorry. Feel free to comment on your top tunes of 2005 and maybe I'll agree and add them to the page.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good tunes, although not too sure about the black eyed peas or ANYTHING involving Justin "Twat" Timberlake.

Jack Johnson - "Better Together"
David Gray - "Slow Motion"
Coldplay - "Fix You"
Mattafix - "Passerby"
Franz Ferdinand - "Walk Away"
Goldfrapp - "Number 1"
KT Tunstall - "Other Side of the World"

That'll do for now.

adem said...

A few good picks there phil especially KT Tunstall but they didn't quite scrape into my top tunes.

And JT rules!!

Alecya G said...

I'll put up alist soon on my picks, but I have to object to "Gold Digger" I can't stand that song. Beloved likes it and it makes me nuts....

Good to see you 'round, btw.

AG

LB said...

"My Humps"? Are your ears painted on? How on earth can you like that pile of nonsensical dribble?

"my lovely lady lumps"? what are you on about, dear?

Ginny said...

I just read yesterday that "My Humps" was voted the worst song of 2005. I can't remember where I read it though.

Pynchon said...

"My lovely lady lumps"

It's poetry, but not as we know it.

Flash said...

What no Gnu Cnu?

Stereophonics' "Dakota" - a damn fine tune!

Happy new year, by the way!

adem said...

It seems like everyone likes the Black Eyed Peas then???!! I might have been influenced by the video slightly!