Monday, July 04, 2005

I feel right, the music sounds better with you

I've resisted the urge for a long time but now I really want one......I want an i-pod!!!
I've got loads of mp3s and CDs and I almost bought a Creative Zen Touch around 6 months ago but I resisted and realised I didn't actually need an mp3 player. But now I need one!

From all the specs I've looked at and reviews I've seen, the Creative is actually better than the Apple i-pod, but then there's the whole style issue, and after checking out a few friends ones (i-pods that is) I'm gonna get the i-pod.


I've fallen upon a few problems though:
1) Money - always a big issue. I've checked and I've already got 20gig of mp3s and this is sure to keep going so I really need to think about getting the 60gig one which is a pound short of £300. Luckily as I work for a University I could be eligeble for an educational discount but that only brings it down to £274.95
I've had a look on ebay but nothing is really much of a bargain so I might as well get an official one from the Apple store
2) i-Tunes has just f**cked around with the /my music/ directory and has made loads of new folders! arghhh! Not what I want. Also it hasn't uploaded around 90% of my music, so I'll have to upload all the folders seperately.

If anyone knows where I can get a cheaper i-pod then leave a comment. Also if anyone knows how to undo the folder buggery then leave a comment.

That's all for now.

2 comments:

swisslet said...

Hm. I don't know where you can get a cheap one, but the new one they have just brought out looks really good -- decent memory, colour screen & good battery life. It's come down quite a lot in price as well.... I think the 60Gb version is now nearly £200 cheaper than the 30GB I bought a couple of years ago.

When I bought my iPod, iTunes hadn't been ported onto the PC yet (although I now use a mac) and so I was forced to use another music program.... the one they packaged with the iPod was horrible (MusicMatch I think it was). I used MediaCentre, and it was really good. When they finally moved iTunes to the PC, I tried it, hated it, and stuck with mediacentre. I was hasty though. I can't remember why, but I tried iTunes again and found it to be brilliant and I haven't looked back.

Have you tried consolidating your music? I think that's an option on one of the file menus somewhere in iTunes.

iPods rock. And when you get one, I want to hear the 10 tracks that come up on shuffle.

You won't be sorry. It's completely changed the way I listen to music.

ST

adem said...

Cheers for that.
I'm actually going through all my music now, putting mp3s into proper folders, etc, and it's brought up a few suprises.
I didn't even know Celine Dion was on my PC. au revoir Celine [pressing del]