Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Les Rythmes Digitales

Around '97/'98, I can't really remember when but I know I was in the 6th form at school, I discovered a great album. The album in question was Les Rythmes Digitales - Darkdancer. I'm not sure where the impetus to buy the album came from, be it reading some review or just liking the excellent cover artwork but needless to say I think it was a good investment.


I hadn't heard any of the tracks before but I bought it on impulse. I don't think a huge amount of people in my sphere (not literally) have really heard of the guy behind Les Rythmes Digitales, but his name is Jacques Lu Cont, a faux frenchamn who's really from Reading and whose Mother usually calls him Stuart Price. It's a cracking album and so far I've only met one other person who owns the album, this was whilst I was at University.
If you want to listen to samples go to amazon where the nice guys have made snippets of all the songs.
You may be wondering what the point of this post is but I just thought it'd be good to point a few people in the right direction. Another reason is that he has teamed up with a lady called Juliet, a philedelphia based artist, and has helped produce her new album 'Random Order' and I've just heard her song on Radio1. It's a little more dancey (I think Dave Pearce is 'Championing it') but it's definitely worth a listen so click on the link to hear a 30-secong ram sample of Juliet - 'Avalon'

No comments: