Saturday, September 11, 2004

I've got a new job!!!!

Yep it's true, I've got two jobs now. If you didn't know I started working at my local pub 3 weeks ago, a nice place, and when I'm working there it means I'm not spending money there. It's a win-win situation.
Now back to the good news. Jonny spotted an advert in the gazette and thought it might tickle my fancy, Students' Union Campus Co-ordinator (Thanet). I emailed my application on the Thursday, got a phonecall on the Monday saying I'd got an interview, I went for an interview on the Friday and then they rang me back later in the afternoon saying the Job was mine!!!! Happy days.
I start on Monday and we'll see how it all goes from there. It'll be nice to get back into the Students' Union environment and if you wanna know what the job actually entails then read below.

SU Campus Co-ordinator

This newly created post is intended to develop and co-ordinate the activities of the Students’ Union at the Thanet Campus, in accordance with the decisions and leadership of the Campus Committee. The Campus Co-ordinator will work closely with Union staff based in Canterbury, and will be line-managed by the General Manager. The post holder will also work alongside CCCUC staff to expand the possibilities for student involvement in areas such as sports, societies and entertainment. The post holder will provide advice and support to the elected Campus Committee, as well as general administrative and clerical support. The post will be based at the Thanet campus although it is envisaged that some time will be spent at the Canterbury Campus.

No comments: