Sunday, July 18, 2004

WARNING: SPECCY POST

So anyway as I mentioned in the previous post I've now got broadband at home.  I signed up with Tiscali for £25 a month, and this gets me a speed of 512k and an always on status so I can download aas much as I want, whenever I want. I also got a USB Modem, an RJ11 cable, and 2 microfilters, so I was able to connect instantly without having to buy any new hardware.

 
Well, here's where we start having fun.  I downloaded a program (sorry about the american spelling) called BitTorrent which is a peer-to-peer (P2P) file sharing protocol. Learn a bit more by clicking here.
Sorry we haven't had fun yet. OK, you may be wondering "what is adem babbling on about, he always does that", well it means that people can share files without going through a server which will be the only PC holding the file, instead you download segments from lots of diffent people, and when you are downloading it others can download from you the bit you've already downloaded, and this turns into a menagerie of file sharing, so when you are downloading, you are als ouploading too!

So I've already got the following gratis (that means free to you thickos) - Maromedia Dreamweaver MX 6.1, Macromedia Flash 5, Stephen Kings 'Kingdom Hospital, Little Britain 1st Series, School of Rock, plus some other games.
I didn't pay for them, I got 'em free.........brilliant
 

I warned you about the nerdy nature of this post.....sorry




No comments: